Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to "Earn Your Donuts"

Hello. I'm Brian and welcome to "Earn Your Donuts", an insignificant backwater of the Web that I just started. Why? Because I just finished my second Philadelphia Half Marathon and as I train for my next race, which I'm not quite decided on, I wanted to have a place to share my progress, vent my frustrations, and talk about adorable cats that I see on my runs.

Why "Earn Your Donuts?" Because I really love donuts, and after a race or a good long run, I like to reward myself with iced coffee, donuts, and maybe a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts or Maple Donuts. It was also the name of an excellent marathon relay team, consisting of my wife, my sister, our friend Ada, and myself, that competed in the Baltimore Marathon Relay.

What will you see here? Every day that I run, I'll post where I ran, how far and how "fast" I ran, what songs or phrases were stuck in my head during the run, whether I was chased by any dogs, how many soft, cuddly kitties I saw on my route, and whether any interesting and/or delicious post-run snacks were consumed.

In between running days, I'll talk about some of my favorite and not-so-favorite races (starting later today with my race report from the very enjoyable 2010 Philadelphia Half Marathon), share bad advice about running and life, pass along good advice others have given me, and probably some other things too that I can't think of right now.

So enjoy it. But if you don't, don't blame me. I just write it.






No comments:

Post a Comment