Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Road is Calling; Today is the Day

It's the middle of August and the temperature was in the low 50s for my run this morning.  Beautiful.  What is not as nice is the last two weeks of running.  Week Three of C25K gets quite a bit harder:  walk 5 minutes, run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes.

Three minutes is a big step up from 90 seconds and I repeated this week twice.  The second week of it was a struggle: Tuesday my sister alternated 3 minutes walking with 3 minutes running for about 30 minutes; Thursday I kept to plan, but my lungs felt so bad; and today I kicked butt --- substituting 5 minute runs for the three minute runs and feeling pretty well.

I forgot how tough and frustrating running could be, especially when starting out, but this is still just the start of a new story...

No comments:

Post a Comment