Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nevermind. The Last 16 Miles are the Hardest



BOOYEAH!

Longest run ever, by a mile.

I set out to run 15 or 16 miles, and felt well enough to go for the 16, but also kind of had to because I planned my route poorly and got myself stuck out on the far end of Detwiler Rd at 13.5 miles.
Overall, I'm really happy with this run, and since I probably won't get a chance to attempt another run of this distance until the end of December if not early January, my legs will get a little bit of a break.

I saw but one adorable fluffy kitty on today, a majestic white cat sitting in the middle of a driveway and looking like he owned the place. I could almost picture him saying to me as I ran by, "You're stupid for doing this." I agree, Mr. Kitty.

I tried out a new product today -- Sport Beans from Jelly Belly, which are protein and carb loaded (surprise) jellybeans. I started drinking orange Gatorade (Nectar of the Gods!) at about mile 7, and started popping the Sport Beans at mile 11. They did seem to give me energy back, but there was only one problem. They taste like lime Gatorade. If orange Gatorade is like drinking happiness and sunshine and everything that's good about the world, lime Gatorade is like drinking pessimism and sadness.

That said -- the beans seemed to do their job and they were easy to eat while running, so I'll probably buy more of them. Hopefully they make orange flavored ones.

Date: December 4, 2010

Distance: 16.02 miles

Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes, 26 seconds

Location: Detwiler Road, York PA

Cats Spotted: the aforementioned white one


Dogs chased by: 0 -- thank goodness for invisible fences.

Post-run meal: Egg, Sausage, and Cheese Croissant and a filled donut from Maple Donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment