Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 Race Schedule

Everywhere I go, people ask me, "What races are you running this year, Brian?"  I'm kidding.  No one ever asks me that.  Nor do they ask me to sign copies of my book.  But that doesn't stop me from putting my John Hancock all over their personal property, anyway.

Therefore, without further ado, my tentative 2013 race schedule:

Italics indicate races I'm currently registered for. 

March
  • 10 - Kelly St. Patrick's Day 5K, Baltimore, MD.
  • 17- Anthem Half Marathon, Virginia Beach, VA (To be honest, there's probably no way this is happening.  I'm just putting off deferral until closer to the 3/8 deadline to see if there's a breakthrough, but I will probably do the 8K the day before, again.)
April
  • 6 - Movie Madness 5K, Manchester, PA.  (There's a half marathon, too.  Even if I do magically get myself in half shape in time for Shamrock, I'll just do the 5K here.)
  • 13 - Yuengling Light Lager Jogger 5k. Pottsville, PA (Hershey 10K is the next day, but we'll probably skip that one this year.)
  •  20 - Sole of the City 10K, Baltimore MD
May
  • 12 - HACC Dash 5K, York, PA
  • 19 - YMCA Armed Forces 5K, Harrisburg, PA
June
  • 1- Manheim Downtown Development Group: Rock-N-Glow 5K Race, Manheim, PA.
  • 15- 1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Half Marathon, Philadelphia, PA (not sure about this one...I HATE running long distance in warm weather.)
  • 22 - Dreaded Druid Hills 10K, Baltimore, MD.  I look forward to a measure of revenge here.
July
  • 17- Harrisburg Mile.  5:59 or die trying. 
August-September
  • Probably a few 5Ks that I've either forgotten about or haven't heard of yet.  Mostly training for November
October
  • 12 - Atlantic City Half Marathon, Atlantic City, NJ.  (Oops, forgot about this one that I deferred from last year.)
November
  •  10 - Harrisburg Marathon, Harrisburg, PA.  Maybe?  I'm not going to be kicking myself if I don't do a full this year (or even a half if the schedule doesn't work out). I'll be most likely targeting Shamrock again in 2014, but I just wanted to put this on the calendar as a stretch goal.  It's a small race, so I wouldn't have to sign up way in advance to get a spot.

December
  • 14 - Celtic Solstice 5-Mile, Baltimore, MD.  
Right now, that's 11 races that are somewhat likely to happen for me this year.  I didn't count the half in June or the marathon in November.  In reality, I'll probably not run a few that I have on this schedule, but pick up a few more that I've forgotten about.  One thing that's NOT going to change is the absence of Spartan Races on this schedule. On the other hand, if there's a race to raise money for helping victims of Spartan Race, I'd sign up for that in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment