Friday, May 13, 2011

Negative Splits, System Restore, and More!

Some quick Friday updates, since due to a Blogger outage and a dead computer I haven't been posting:


  • On Wednesday night, I went for a run, and it was awful. Calves hurt, knees hurt, felt like I was having trouble breathing. Hit 5 miles in 50:00, which is well below my usual pace. I got mad at myself, and ran the 2nd 5 miles in 45:23. I didn't know what a negative split was until pretty recently. It's when you run the 2nd half of a race or run faster than the first half. This was a pretty good negative split, in my opinion.

  • When I melted my computer yesterday, I tried a System Restore, which is basically taking your operating system back in time to when it worked properly. Don't you wish real life had a System Restore? I'd love to System Restore back to 1999 and go on that job interview I declined at the time, or earlier this morning when I got a little to mad at the cats, or college. It doesn't work that way, of course. Carpe Diem, you only get one shot, etc. And it doesn't really work for computers, either. Trust me on this, when Windows Update is installing updates, don't turn your computer off no matter how long it takes.



  • On monday I lifted for the first time in 4 months. It only took 4 days to lift again. That's progress, I guess. When I came out of the "weight room", all the cats were clustered by the door. Silly, cats. Doesn't it seem like working out would be abomination to cats? Still, it's been proven time and time again that kitties in the weight room is a bad idea.

  • Two 5Ks (I think), this weekend. Preakness 5K tomorrow and Bob Potts, which I'm not actually pre-registered for, on Sunday.

1 comment: