Sunday, January 26, 2014

2 Miles Down, a Lot to Go.

One of my goals was to be able to run two miles without a walk break by the end of January.  

Bam!

2 miles, 20:07, 0 walk breaks.  I'm back!  Atlantic City Half Marathon here I freakin' come!  Ok, not quite.  But I can build on this.

I was surprised that today's run was relatively good, whereas my last run, on Monday, was relatively bad (I took a walk break every half mile as planned, but still needed an extra one at the end to get through 2 miles) and I hadn't done anything else all week other than stretching.

I think my secret was that it was under 20 degrees today, and I somehow get stronger as the temperature drops.  Sadly, 2 miles is not far enough to get a massive ice buildup in my beard.  My Viking invasion will have to wait. 


1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty snowy course there! Give yourself three miles and I'll bet the ice will come. ;-)

    ReplyDelete