Saturday, January 9, 2016

Fog Running

We ran 6 miles today in 1:35. It was about 40°F, misting, and very foggy and damp, so it was tough to dress for.  I broke out a new piece of equipment, a very light Brooks jacket that crumples and zips into a tiny ball inside its own pocket for storage.  It's a piece of gear that is of limited use since it doesn't provide much worth, but it did keep me dry-ish until I took it off at about mile 4. 

Because it fits into a pocket easily, it'll be a good choice for the first few miles of a cool Fall or Spring long race.

I'm feeling good as far as being ready for the Shamrock Half and I'm doing well at establishing a habit of lifting again.  I can't let myself lose momentum again.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite running weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cold, and I'm stronger in the cold. Could do without the dampness. :-)

      Delete
    2. I love the cold, and I'm stronger in the cold. Could do without the dampness. :-)

      Delete