Saturday, May 26, 2012

Working Hard, or Hardly Working (Out)?

Total mileage for the week: 0

Total hours of sleep Wednesday and Thursday Nights: 6

Stress Level (on a scale of 1-10, 1 being "napping" and 10 being "PANIC!!!111"):  11

So, not a good week for running.  Work just completely took over my life this week and I probably have until about the middle of June before I'm through what I've been calling "The Gauntlet".  Still, even if the next few weeks are as busy as this and I have to pull some more late nights, I have to make time for some short runs at least during the week.

I also somehow -- and I have no idea how! -- hurt my right foot and could barely put any weight on it, so fencing last night and run this morning were out of the questions, especially since I'll be limping around Inner Harbor and Camden Yards this afternoon as we go see the first place Orioles (I'll never get tired of typing that!) take on the Kansas City Royals, who I used to have an irrational level of hatred for but now feel like their fans are kindred spirits tortured with years of bad baseball.

Back to the foot, the only things I can think of are:  
1. I may have missed a step and landed awkwardly and didn't realize at the time that I'd sprained my ankle..

2. I did drop my cel phone on my foot, which hurt, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.  This is a normal cel phone and not some huge WWII-era military one.

3. Gout.  I've only ever had gout attacks in my toes.  I'd hate for it to now be in my ankle

If it's not any better by Tuesday, I'll probably limp over to the doctor's office.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know shit about gout - except it is old man's disease, Old Man!!

    The only thing I care about in sports are the 49ers, and they don't play for 70 more days!

    Going out now for my regular memorial 10k...

    ReplyDelete