Thursday, June 21, 2012

This is NOT Sparta


From: Brian 
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Subject: Fwd: See Who Was Able to Finish the DEATH Race!
To: Spartan Race


Dear Spartan Race,
Please shut up.  Stop reminding me that I'm signed up for you in 3 weeks.  I've been barely able to get the running in, you see, let alone climbing things or carrying heavy objects (Other than my cat, I mean.  there's cats in the race, right?  Probably not.  I love cats.) or jumping over crap.  I have been doing a lot of work, though.  I mean A LOT.

How about we modify this year's event to being the "Senior Consultant Race", in which I'll run a little (we'll compromise) and then develop a highly customized set of deliverables designed to meet all your business needs?  Doesn't that sound WAY more awesome?

I thought so.

Your pal,

brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Spartan Race
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Subject: See Who Was Able to Finish the DEATH Race!
To: Brian

THREE WEEKS!
Spartans!

Your Spartan Sprint in Pennsylvania is only THREE weeks away. You better be training HARD the race is drawing closer and closer. We hope that you are as excited as we are!


The Sprint is 90% SOLD OUT!!
If you haven’t registered yet, now is the time!
Register Now
Don't Race Alone, forward this to a friend.

1 comment: