Thursday, June 14, 2012

This Was Probably a Bad Idea

I got this in my e-mail this evening:

Thank you! You are now registered for the Pennsylvania Spartan Sprint 2012 - 11:00 A.M. Sunday. Please check the event's website for updates.
Congratulations on signing up for a Spartan Race!

You are now a part of the Spartan Family! Not only must you train harder and stay healthy, you must also convince others do the same. Help us reach our goal of ripping one million people off their couches!

Chris and I agreed to be part of Spartan Race team with Tina from "For Love of the Run", so I knew this coming, but not that I was officially registered yet.  

There are some staples in our repertoire. There are also some venue specific and terrain inspired obstacles.

We will not, however, spell it out for you. As well, you will get no course map to inspect.

There is fire, mud, water, barbed wire, and occasionally Hell on Earth.

There WILL be obstacles to catch you off guard. Curve balls, so to speak.

Get over it.

Good.  Great.  Terrific.  This probably means I should pick up some weights again. 

And there will probably be snakes.


This is madness.

No!

 (I'm low on blogging inspiration these days...
which means lots of Angry Talking LOL-Pooka.)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, yay for you guys! I hear those races are super tough but yet so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it...good luck. Don't catch on fire anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete