Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Am Not a Fan...

Of snow, whenever it may fall. Especially when we get a what is shaping up to be a decent winter storm in October.

I am very much a fan of the mighty augers of death that turn three hours of shoveling into an activity that is more akin to shooting the snow out of a cannon.


As you can see from this colorful photo, the snow is only 4-5 inches, but it was extremely heavy. This is not a small snow blower we are talking about here, but the snow was so wet and heavy that several times I had to clear the augers and the impeller of slush that was clogging them. Our snow blower wasn't working during the double blizzard of 2010, so I'm always a bit nervous the first time each season I fire it up. It took several tries to get it started, and after feeling how heavy this abominable snow was, I had a moment of snow panic when I thought it wasn't going to start. Thankfully, it did, and cleared the driveway in about 30 minutes.

I detailed in my last whiny post all the bad decisions I've made during this marathon training season. On the other hand, it was a clear stroke of genius, by which I mean luck, that I switched my 20-miler to last weekend. I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment