Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Haiku, Vo -- Oh crap. I just don't feel like it.

It's been a really bad week of running. I ran 4 miles on Tuesday, despite a lingering calf soreness from my 18-miler. That's it. I was going to go out tonight, probably just for another 4, but I just didn't feel like driving over the school and jogging around Manchester with my head lamp at 9:30 or 10:00 at night. At around 10:00, I worked up enough will power to hop on the treadmill, but my stomach just didn't feel well.

I'm supposed to run 19 miles on Saturday. I think I can do it. I'm just having somewhat of a crisis of motivation right now. It's been a very stressful week, and instead of being relaxing, running just seemed like something that I had to do. I've got to start getting up early and going before work, or before dinner, because I think the motivation to go out late at night, which was fun after not doing so since the spring, just isn't going to be there.






2 comments:

  1. Brian,
    I've always had a motto:
    "It's tough to get motivated when you're not motivated."

    I definitely have some of the same feelings with the colder weather, especially since i live in new england. Morning runs are getting harder to wake up for and strap on the headlamp. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joseph! I really like the cold...it's the morning part I've been struggling with for a couple weeks now!

    I'm sure marathon panic will kick in a few days and kick me back into shape.

    ReplyDelete