Saturday, April 9, 2011

8

If this were my other blog, the number "8" would no doubt conjure up images of a legendary iron man shortstop of the Baltimore Orioles who is enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

On this blog, however, 8 is just a number. In this case, the number of miles I ran this morning. It was my longest run since the marathon by a mile, and I kept up a pretty good pace (9:12 minute/mile), but it was otherwise unremarkable -- notable only for the rather gross combination of cold and very, very humid.

Weather is challenging this time of year. In the 40s and low 50s today, but predicted to be 85 on Monday. I will run in the summer. I'll hate every mile, but I'll do it. However, there's no way I'm ready for that kind of heat, so I think I'll wait till Tuesday (predicted high of 62) to get back on the roads.

Since I'm wrapping this entry quite a bit early, here's some photography goodness courtesy of my wife, who took beautiful sunrise photo of the Neptune statue on the Virginia Beach boardwalk while we were waiting for the Shamrock Marathon to start. You can see more of her work at http://christinastetlerphotography.wordpress.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment