Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Great Idea!

With my dream of running the Bob Potts Marathon shot down by anyone with a brain, I had to look elsewhere for adventure. And I found it.

At the advice of a friend, who told me there was beer at the end of it, I signed up for my first mud/obstacle race, the Mud Chasers 5K in Cockeysville, MD.

Here's the course map (from the website) with its list of obstacles:


Basically, I haven't done anything but run since at least mid-January, so this might end up being filed under "It seemed like a good idea at the time," but I think it will be really fun. I'm debating what to do about shoes -- I definitely don't want to risk the current pair, so I'll probably risk knee injury on the most beat-up pair I own, their predecessors.

I'm not looking to PR, just to have a good time and earn my "free" beer, collectible mug, and bottle opener dog tag.

If anyone would like to join in the adventure (!?), here's website to register:

http://www.mudchasers.com/events/sparks/

I'm in the 10:00 wave.

If you want to be super hardcore, there's an endurance challenge in which your run the course five consecutive times. There does not appear to be any extra goodies as incentive to do this, just bragging rights.





No comments:

Post a Comment