Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eye of the Tiger

It's been a challenge to get the miles in lately. Go for a run, or hit the snooze button? Zzzzzzzzz...

Get a few miles in, or work late on my day job...which is not blogging about running and/or the Orioles. (Who, as of this writing, are 4-0, their best start since 1997!)? Work is going to win.

"I'm too tired."

"I'm too hungry."

"I ate too much."

I did get a nice 7 miles tonight, my first night run since early March, but it's hard to find a reason to get out there without the threat of a marathon hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles.

So, with that in mind, I signed up for the next big adventure:



November 20 is a long way away, but it'll keep me honest. I hate running when it's hot, but this will force me to get in at least 1 or 2 double digit runs a month all through the summer. Hopefully I can do better than that and build up mileage to get in the 20 milers I need to run a little better marathon than I did in Virginia Beach. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing my long runs at like 4 in morning or late at night during the week to try to beat the July and August heat, but I'll find a way.

It should be fun. I ran the half the last two years and it was a great tour of the city and a great excuse to eat at Little Pete's and/or the Continental (or somewhere else) afterward. Twice the miles equals twice the cheese steak eggrolls.

1 comment:

  1. wohooo let's go philly!!! :)

    I will be posting soon on the crazy heat and how to deal with it...we could stop running that would take care of it, but not very effective for training i suppose

    ReplyDelete